IMLS Members - Latest News Post
Another Available Workaround for CableOne Customers
Published on Thursday, November 21, 2013 at 01:27 PM
If you are using the temporary login and still experiencing issues with Paragon or photos, LPS will provide another temporary workaround. Please
contact LPS Customer Care at:
They will walk you through the available temporary workaround.
For those techies that want to try the temporary workaround themselves, here it is.
DNS settings are specified in the TCP/IP Properties window for the selected network connection.
Example: Changing DNS server settings on Microsoft Windows 7/Vista
- Go the Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Change adapter settings.
- Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
- To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and click Properties.
- To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and click Properties.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click Properties.
- Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
- Click OK.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
- Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:
- Preferred DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
- Alternate DNS server: 188.8.131.52.